My Bus Transport Services LLC
Transport Agreement, Terms and Conditions
My Bus Transport Services LLC (“My Bus”) is an independent bus service operator, operating air-conditioned transport services to various parts of Dubai (the “Services”), including for journeys to/from the school and nursery. Parents/guardians (“you”, “your”) of students of one of the Fortes Education schools at P.O. Box No. 24857, Dubai, UAE (“School”) may avail of this service at their own cost on the terms and conditions of this agreement.
Please note that My Bus is independent of the Fortes Education schools and is operated entirely separate from the School. The Services are offered in cooperation with the school in relation to the enrolled students entirely for the convenience of parents/guardians of the students.
By submitting this form, you wish to contract with My Bus, and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in this agreement (the “Terms”). By paying the transport fee it constitutes as evidence that you have read, understand and accept the Terms and condition in using the school transport provided by My Bus.
You wish for your child/children, whose name(s) and other details submitted in this form to be collected and/or returned from/to the collection point location address as indicated in the form.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- It is suggested that all new students start using the Bus Service (as defined below) approximately one (1) week after adjusting to the school environment. Parents/guardians are requested to contact the School’s Transport Office to confirm date and times of when the Bus Service is to commence.
- The first day that you intend for your child to use the Services operated by My Bus to and from your child’s School (the “Bus Service”), please bring your child to School in the morning and he/she will go home by Bus Service that afternoon.
- Your child will be collected and dropped off by the Bus Service from common points on the route where the bus can conveniently stop. My Bus does not provide a ‘door-to-door’ pick-up or drop-off service.
- Your child should be ready and at the Collection Point at least 10 minutes before the bus scheduled pick-up times.
- If your child is not at the Collection Point at the appointed time, the bus driver will sound the horn twice before leaving. Please be on time so as not to disrupt the schedule for the other School students. Should your child be late to the Collection Point more than 3 times per academic term, My Bus reserves the right to revoke the Bus Service for your child. No refund of Transport Fees (as defined below) will be made for any non-use of the Bus Service in these circumstances.
- You (or the person authorised by you and notified to us as such in the Authorisation Section of this agreement (“your Nominee”)), must hand-over or collect your child to/from My Bus via the assistant on the bus at the bus door.
- At the time My Bus is scheduled to bring your child to the Collection Point for collection by you or your Nominee, you or your Nominee must be waiting to collect your child from the bus. If you or your Nominee is not waiting to collect your child, your child will be returned to the School and it will be your responsibility to arrange separately for the collection of your child from the School.
- If your child is absent from School for any reason, please inform the School’s Transport Office via Parent VLE where possible before 11am at least 1 day in advance of the absence, or failing this, before 6.30am on the day of absence. Alternatively, for Fortes Education Schools you can log in your child’s planned absence via the School’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The Bus Service will resume only after you inform the School’s Reception (or notify the School via the School’s VLE if applicable), that you would like the Bus Service to resume. No refund of Transport Fees (as defined below) will be made for any non-use of the Bus Service in these circumstances.
- Should you decide to personally collect your child from School, please inform the School’s Transport Office before 11 am at least 1 day in advance via Parent VLE. Any changes after 11am, one (1) day before will not be accepted and the Services will be provided as scheduled. No refund of Transport Fees (as defined below) will be made for any non-use of the Bus Service in these circumstances.
- Should you wish for your child to be accompanied at any time (dropped off or picked up at/from the School or the Collection Point) by any person (not being you or your Nominee) you must notify us in advance by completing and signing a further copy of the Authorisation Section available upon request from the Transport Office. Such addition of a Nominee will be subject to these Terms.
- Please do not contact the bus driver unless there is an emergency or the bus is delayed for 30 minutes or more after the scheduled time for pick-up/drop-off from/at the Collection Point. You can log onto the School’s VLE to see the bus driver’s cell no and the bus number that your child is travelling on.
- You agree to pay the relevant fees for the Bus Service as set out in the Transport Fee to My Bus in advance and prior to the beginning of every academic term no later than the following dates:
Term 1: 1st August
Term 2: 15th November
Term 3: 15th February
- The Bus Routes, Transport Fees and your use of the Bus Service is governed by these Terms which are subject to change at any time at our discretion. Bus Routes and Transport Fee information is available on the schools website under Transport or on request at the School’s transport office. It is not always possible to provide you with advance notice of any changes to this information, but we will keep our website updated. You are responsible for checking the same before using the Bus Service. If there is a conflict between these Terms and any other prior agreement with you, or other rules, policies or regulations concerning the Bus Service, these Terms shall prevail unless otherwise agreed by us in writing.
- All payments of Transport Fees must be made to the below account:
Account Name: My Bus Transport Services LLC
Account No: 101-43212798-01
Bank: EMIRATES NBD
Branch: GROUP HEAD OFFICE
IBAN No.: AE310260001014321279801
Remarks: (School)/(Student Name) / Year Group / Term (1,2,3) / Transport Fees
Proof of payment of the Transport Fees must be emailed to each of the following:
Before you will be able to avail the Bus Service.
- You must ensure that your child is aware of the following, which all students must adhere to when on the bus or using the Bus Service:
- report to Collection Points on time to avoid delays;
- behave courteously at all times and help fellow students;
- fasten seat belts at all times;
- not to litter the bus; and
- to follow the instructions of the bus attendant and the bus driver.
- Prior to changing your home address in the middle of the academic year, please contact the Transport Office to confirm availability of bus service and its bus timings. My Bus will endeavor to accommodate such changes to your child’s current bus arrangement subject to availability. Please note that in the end that the new address is not covered by our services all payment made are not refundable.
- Pick up and drop off timings are based on route optimisation to serve all students within the area and will be communicated to parents. The timings are subject to changes depending on the number of students travelling in the bus.
- If you or your child do not adhere to these Terms, the Bus Service may be terminated by My Bus effective immediately. My Bus may terminate the Bus Service at any time for any reason at its reasonable discretion immediately on notice by telephone call/message or email to the Residence Phone and/or Residence Email that you have provided below (“Termination”).
- Termination shall not give rise to any liability whatsoever on the part of the School or My Bus, nor will any Transport Fees be refunded, unless the Termination is as a result of gross negligence or serious misconduct on the part of My Bus. In such instance, any Transport Fees prepaid but unused as at the date of Termination shall be refunded to you by My Bus.
- Neither the School nor My Bus will be held liable in the event that performance of the Bus Service by My Bus is prevented or delayed.
- The total liability of My Bus in respect of any non-performance of the Bus Service in accordance with these Terms, or in relation to any other claim arising from these Terms or in respect of the Bus Service shall be limited to the amount of Transport Fees paid by you to My Bus in respect of the particular journey giving rise to such claim.
- Neither the School nor My Bus will be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Bus Service.
- In the event that there is any delay or non-performance of the Bus Service or breach of any of these Terms arising from any cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of the School or My Bus, including any of the following: an act of God, governmental act, war, fire, riot, civil commotion, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, flood, explosion or civil commotion (“Force Majeure”), neither the School or My Bus will be liable.
- If any of these Terms is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of these Terms will not be prejudiced.
- In the event of a claim under these Terms or in connection with the Bus Service by you, notice in relation to such claim must be given within seven (7) days of you becoming aware of the matter giving rise to the claim. Notice must be in writing, in English, sent to My Bus by courier or otherwise delivered by hand to the front office of the School.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws for the time being in force in the United Arab Emirates applicable in the Emirate of Dubai and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates to the extent applicable in Dubai. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding their existence, validity or termination shall be referred to and finally resolved by the Dubai Courts.